Marex is an essential tech-enabled liquidity hub, connecting clients to global energy, metals, agriculture and financial markets. Across our businesses we provide critical high value-add services in Market Making, Commercial Hedging, Price Discovery and Data & Advisory. Headquartered in London, we have 18 offices worldwide with over 1,000 employees across Europe, Asia and North America.
The Software Developers collaborate closely with the rest of the development team in designing and coding high availability, secure and scalable systems.
• Assisting with requirements elicitation and the scoping of Epics, Stories and Bugs
• Collaborating with other team members in the development of applications using a test-driven approach
• Working with other teams such as Design and QA to maximize quality
• Implementing best practices in the design and development of the firm’s solutions
• Designing, coding and testing software in line with business requirements
• Following Agile principles in managing the software development lifecycle
• Proposing new ideas and technologies for the betterment of the firm’s product suite
• Proactively contributing to the shared libraries/components maintained by the department
• Assisting in the diagnosis and resolution of support issues in a timely manner
• Ensuring adherence to policies and procedures subject to internal and external audit such as security and compliance
Skills & Requirements:
• Some experience in .NET (C#) and/or NodeJS (Typescript) with a willingness to work with either
• Some client-side SPA web experience (preferably AngularJS and/or ReactJS)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Degree in computer science or related field
If this sounds like the role you’re ready for, we’d love to hear from you!
Marex Spectron is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the company.